Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery
By Charles Teo, Michael E. Sughrue
List Price: $219.99
ADD TO SHOPPING CART
Developed 20 years ago by leading innovators in the field, the keyhole concept of brain surgery has become an integral part of the practice of neurosurgery. This timely and comprehensive book covers the thinking, philosophy, and techniques of modern keyhole brain surgery, including a realistic assessment of its benefits and limitations. Written by expert practitioners and highlighted by vivid surgical illustrations and procedural videos, Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery functions as an experienced mentor working side by side with neurosurgeons as they master the techniques.
- Introduces the basic principles of the keyhole approach, including the practical, technical, and logistical aspects of planning procedures and operating through small openings
- Beautifully illustrated with nearly 900 endoscopic images, diagrams, surgical drawings, and operative photographs, many showing step-by-step procedures
- Details the pivotal role of the endoscope in keyhole brain surgery and its ability to provide multiple angles of visualization, including a useful catalog of clinical situations where the endoscope has proven most effective
- Demonstrates contemporary keyhole approaches (e.g. the eyebrow/sub-frontal approach) in procedures for supratentorial intra-axial brain tumors, tumors of the cribriform plate and orbit, parasellar masses, craniopharyngiomas, tumors of the middle fossa and cavernous sinus and many other conditions in the cranial base
- Offers more than 100 procedural videos on the Thieme’s MediaCenter, narrated by the authors and aligned to chapters in the book for an unparalleled learning resource
Providing all the information necessary to achieve surgical goals through well placed, smaller openings with the added benefits of shorter procedures, fewer wound complications and better patient outcomes Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery is essential for every neurosurgeon in practice today.
Original language: English
Number of items: 1
More about: Charles Teo, Charles E. Sughrue