Nerves and Nerve Injuries: Vol 1: History, Embryology, Anatomy, Imaging, and Diagnostics
List Price: $175.00
ADD TO SHOPPING CART
Nerves and Nerve Injuries: Vol 2: Pain, Treatment, Injury, Disease and Future Directions
List Price: $214.99
ADD TO SHOPPING CART
Nerves and Nerve Injuries is the first comprehensive work devoted to the nerves of the body. An indispensable work for anyone studying the nerves or treating patients with nerve injuries, these books will become the ‘go to’ resource in the field. The nerves are treated in a systematic manner, discussing details such as their anatomy (both macro- and microscopic), physiology, examination (physical and imaging), pathology, and clinical and surgical interventions. The authors contributing their expertise are international experts on the subject. The books cover topics from detailed nerve anatomy and embryology to cutting-edge knowledge related to treatment, disease and mathematical modeling of the nerves.
Nerves and Nerve Injuries Volume 1 focuses on the history of nerves, embryology, anatomy, imaging, and diagnostics. This volume provides a greatly detailed overview of the anatomy of the peripheral and cranial nerves as well as comprehensive details of imaging modalities and diagnostic tests.
- Detailed anatomy of the peripheral and cranial nerves including their history and ultrastructure
- Comprehensive details of the imaging modalities and diagnostic tests used for viewing and investigating the nerves
- Authored by leaders in the field around the globe – the broadest, most expert coverage available.
Nerves and Nerve Injuries Volume 2 focuses on pain, treatment, injury, disease and future directions in the field. This volume also addresses new information regarding neural interfaces, stem cells, medical and surgical treatments, and medical legal issues following nerve injury.
- Most up-to-date comprehensive overview available on nerves and nerve injuries
- Comprehensive coverage of nerve injuries on bones, joints, muscles, and motor function; and offers an approach to the treatment of nerve injuries
- Edited work with chapters authored by leaders in the field around the globe – the broadest, most expert coverage available
- Covers surgical exposure of the nerves including technical aspects of nerve repair and medicinal treatment of nerve injuries
- Discusses the future of our understanding of the nerves including axonal modeling, synthetic interfaces and brain changes following nerve injury
- Published on: 2015-05-07
- Original language: English
- Dimensions: 11.00″ h x 8.75″ w x 2.00″ l, 5.47 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
This long overdue update of Sydney Sunderland’s classic Nerves and Nerve Injuries is a must-have for clinicians and researchers dealing with the PNS and neuropathy. The third has been created as an edited work emphasizing the importance of considering the anatomical, physiological, pathological, and clinical aspects of the nervous system in concert for a better understanding of nerve injuries and their treatment. Constituting an organized review of our current understanding of peripheral nerve injury and repair, this edition also makes more readily available analyses of the various morphological and topographical aspects of the PNS.
Major sections of the work will address: anatomical and physiological features of peripheral nerve fibers and nerve trunks; degeneration, regeneration a classification of nerve injury; clinico-pathological considerations; bones, joints, muscles, and motor function; peripheral sensory mechanisms; peripheral sympathetic mechanisms; diagnosis and treatment; and individual nerves.
About the Author
Dr. Tubbs is lead researcher in Pediatric Neurosurgery. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Clinical Anatomy, is author/editor of multiple books, and is a new editor for the 41st edition of Gray’s Anatomy.
Dr. Rizk is a neurosurgeon at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center with a clinical specialty in pediatric peripheral nerve surgery. He has multiple publications on the PNS and is active in basic science research regarding peripheral nerve regeneration.
Physician and anatomist for the Department of Ophthalmology at the Indiana University School of Medicine who has written extensively in the field of anatomy and on the peripheral nerves.
Chair and Professor in the Department of Anatomical Sciences at St. George’s University who has written extensively in the field of anatomy and on the peripheral nerves.
Dr. Robert Spinner is a neurosurgeon in Rochester, Minnesota. He is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic – Saint Marys Hospital. He received his medical degree from Mayo Medical School and has been in practice for 25 years. He is one of 17 doctors at Mayo Clinic and one of 13 at Mayo Clinic – Saint Marys Hospital who specialize in Neurological Surgery.