Early Onset Scoliosis: A Comprehensive Guide from the Oxford Meetings
List Price: $159.99
ADD TO SHOPPING CART
Covering the spectrum of spinal deformity that occurs between birth and 10 years, early onset scoliosis (EOS) is an evolving
specialty that faces unique challenges, especially in controlling the progression of the condition while allowing the growth of the developing spine, lungs and thorax.
This important book was inspired by the inaugural early onset scoliosis meeting of spine surgeons and other medical professionals in Christ Church, Oxford, UK, in September 2011. It provides a complete picture of the field today, with topics ranging from spinal development and genetics to advances in medical management to breakthrough surgical techniques that offer promising new
options for young patients.
- Provides practical, evidence-based solutions to managing the full range of congenital,idiopathic, neuromuscular and syndromic conditions that present in early onset scoliosis
- Describes pioneering surgical procedures, such as non-invasive, magnetically controlled growing rod systems that reduce the number of repetitive surgeries and hospitalizations
- Explores such complex topics as surgical strategies for sitting comfort and features of optimal heelchair seating
- Details treatments and outcome measures in diverse, multi-system disorders, such as early onset neuromuscular scoliosis
- Highlights perioperative care and the vital role of physiotherapy in children with EOS
- Introduces an EOS questionnaire that establishes validated, patient-reported data for outcome assessment.
Recognizing the importance of the multidisciplinary team
approach in effective management, Early Onset Scoliosis
offers the valuable international perspective of many leaders in the field. It is essential for orthopedic and pediatric surgeons, residents and trainees, who will use the book to develop a clear understanding of what EOS is, how it is best treated, and the principles that underlie effective clinical decision-making in these complex cases.
- Published on: 2015-09-11
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.80″ h x .70″ w x 7.90″ l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 288 pages